I’ve got a super cute, easy, and cheap DIY Easter gift for you!
Most of the items can be found at Dollar Tree! I love Dollar Tree, especially for craft projects and seasonal items.
These mason jar gifts would be a sweet & simple gift to family members, kids, church leaders, friends, and even your husband.
This would be fun craft to do with your kids, also!
- Mason Jars
- Bunny sticker/vinyl
- Chalk Paint (can substitute with what you have on hand)
- Ribbon and/or twine
- Easter grass (optional)
- Scrap piece of scrapbook paper for tags
- Hole punch
I already had mason jars, paint, scrapbook paper, and the vinyl to make my cutout. All I had to buy was ribbon, twine, candy, and a bag of Easter grass!
Final Cost for 2 jars (with leftover materials) : $6
1. Place bunny sticker or vinyl on mason jar
I used my Cricut machine for this. I found a bunny image, saved it, and used my Cricut machine to cut the image out of vinyl. You could also use a sticker.
2. Paint the jar
I used yellow and blue chalk paint for my mason jars.
Once they dried, I lightly sanded them to give a more rustic look.
Peel the sticker/vinyl off to reveal the bunny cutout.
3. Fill with goodies!
I placed some pink Easter grass in the bottom of each jar, and then added different chocolate Easter candies from Dollar Tree.
4. Attach ribbon and tag
I found some Easter ribbon at Dollar Tree, as well as a 3 pack of colored baker’s twine!
I made a simple Happy Easter! tag out of a scrap piece of scrapbook paper and used my Cricut to print on it. (I don’t have the best handwriting and I love the different Cricut fonts!)
Be creative with this DIY craft!
Here are some alternative ideas:
- Use different color paints.
- Add stripes to your jar with painter’s tape.
- Can’t find a sticker/vinyl to use? Paint the jar, and leave an Easter egg shape in the middle! You could even add different color polka dots to it!
- Use a different sticker/image like an Easter chick, Easter egg, cross, or even an initial.
- Fill with bright color flowers instead of candy! Dollar Tree has a pretty decent selection of dried flowers.
- Make a collection of 3 to gift.
You could even make this a yearly tradition with your kiddos! Make a jar for each child, and fill with a different surprise each year!
Whoever receives this sweet Bunny Mason Jar gift will be sure to love it! Handmade gifts are the best!
P.S. Never want to miss a post but don't have time to check the site everyday? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive blog posts straight to your inbox, along with the best frugal living tips!