Mornings can be tough sometimes.
Trying to get ready and out the door on time seems nearly impossible some days. And breakfast tends to be forgotten on those wild mornings.
These easy, make ahead, freezer friendly banana nut muffins are great for those crazy mornings when you barely make it out the door in time.
Just thaw, heat, and serve! Or if your morning is super crazy and your forgot to thaw, just heat a little longer and serve! 😉
Banana Nut Muffins
Freezer Friendly, Make Ahead Recipe – Makes 24 Muffins
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 overripe bananas (I store mine in the freezer until I have time to make muffins. Just let them thaw beforehand.)
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter – melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 375
- Lightly grease muffin tins or use baking cups. I love using the reusable silicone baking cups!!
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Mash 1/2 of your bananas in a separate bowl
- Mix other 1/2 of bananas, sugar, and cinnamon together.
- Add melted butter, eggs, and vanilla – scrape the bowl to make sure everything mixes well.
- Add the flour mix.
- Lightly mix the nuts and mashed bananas in.
- Fill the muffin tins about halfway.
- Bake for about 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Freeze in plastic bags or Tupperware.
When you are ready to serve them, just thaw in the refrigerator overnight, heat for about 30 seconds, and serve. If you forget to thaw them, I would heat for about 1 min, then serve.
Try these muffins next time you have some overripe bananas and make your mornings a little easier with ready to go breakfast!
I love these muffins because they actually fill me up and taste great! And the are so super cheap to make!! Morning win!
What are your favorite easy breakfast ideas?
P.S. Never want to miss a post but don't have time to check the site everyday? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive blog posts straight to your inbox, along with the best frugal living tips!