We are not morning people at my house, especially during the work week. Breakfasts are usually a granola bar while driving for me, and cereal for my husband.
This is fine, but I’m usually starving by 9:00 am and raiding my snack drawer. (Don’t judge me for having a snack drawer!)
So, I made these yummy make ahead, freezer breakfast sandwiches that we can just heat up and have a warm and very filling breakfast. Easy and delicious!
This might remind of you of a McMuffin, but homemade and much healthier, cheaper, and better!
Make Ahead, Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
Ingredients – Makes 6 Sandwiches
6 English Muffins (or other favorite bread or biscuit)
6 Sausage Patties (You can substitute for bacon or ham)
6 Cheese Slices
Salt and Pepper
- Cook sausage patties until browned. Drain on paper towel.
- Whisk eggs in bowl (I like to add a little milk) like you were making scrambled eggs.
- Pour a thin layer of whisked eggs in small skillet.
- Flip the eggs, trying to keep them in one piece. (These will be much easier to keep together on the muffin than scrambled eggs.) Repeat until you have all eggs cooked.
- Slice muffins in half.
- Begin making sandwiches by placing egg on bottom, add a little salt and pepper, then a sausage patty, and a slice of cheese.
- Place each sandwich in plastic bag, and store in freezer or refrigerator.
I thaw these in the refrigerator overnight and heat in the microwave for 1 minute – 1.5 minutes, until the cheese melts. Yum!
If mornings and breakfasts are a struggle for you too, get a step ahead of the day and make these easy and filling make ahead, freezer breakfast sandwiches.
You’ll stay full and happy! No hangry people here!!
P.S. Never want to miss a post but don't have time to check the site everyday? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive blog posts straight to your inbox, along with the best frugal living tips!