Winter is just a busy time of year. It’s so easy to get caught up in the hustle of shopping, attending parties and events, and a million other things that we can forget to spend quality time with our special someone.
Planning a simple date night will help you relax and just enjoy some quiet time together. Date nights don’t have to cost a lot, take a lot of planning, or require you to dress up.
Just plan something simple and fun, just for the two of you!
I think you’ll appreciate a nice, quiet date night in this busy holiday season!
28 Frugal Winter Date Ideas
- Bake a fancy dessert together.
- Search for the best chili recipe and make it together.
- Build a fire and make s’mores.
- Go ice skating.
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights.
- Go Christmas shopping together.
- Wrap presents together.
- Visit a local craft show together.
- Drive thru a local Christmas light show.
- Decorate your home together.
- Take a nice picture together and send Christmas cards.
- Start a new holiday tradition.
- Volunteer together.
- Attend a local Christmas play or concert.
- Go to the movies.
- Hot chocolate + blanket + movie at home
- Have game night at home.
- Make a photo album with pictures and memories from the year.
- Cook a fancy meal, dress up, and set the table just for the two of you.
- Make a snowman.
- Adopt an angel and shop for them together.
- Make cookies and deliver to family and friends.
- Stay in your pajamas all day.
- Work on an inside project.
- Go to a store, split up, and pick out an ornament for each other.
- Rent a cheap cabin for a weekend.
- Build a fire in your fireplace, drink hot cocoa, and listen to Christmas music.
- Watch a marathon of Christmas movies.
I am a summer girl, but I do enjoy the winter months as they tend to make you relax and slow down a little bit. When it gets dark so early at night, I get annoyed that I can’t get anything done. But, that creates more time to sit down with my husband and dogs, watch movies, and just relax together. So, I guess it’s not so bad after all! 😉
What is your favorite frugal winter date idea? Let us know in the comments!