This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products and services I use and love. Thanks for supporting The Little Frugal House!
Busy nights and hectic schedules make dinnertime stressful if you don’t have a plan.
Freezer meals are a life saver at our house. By cooking meals ahead of time, and several at once, I can stock our freezer quickly for the busy nights ahead.
Dinnertime doesn’t have to be stressful if you just work ahead and make meals for the freezer. These 8 family size freezer meals come together super quick. You’ll appreciate not having to cook a full meal on those busy nights!
Fast Freezer Meals: Stock Your Freezer Quickly
For this fast freezer cooking plan, we’re going to make 4 different meals, and 2 of each recipe. So, you’ll have 8 meals stocked in the freezer.
Each meal should be about 4 servings each. Once you get everything made, you can determine the correct portions for your family. There’s just 2 of us, so we get several meals out of this plan.
Fast Freezer Meals
10 lbs ground beef
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans Rotel (or diced tomatoes with green chilies)
4 large cans tomato sauce
2 cans diced tomatoes (with garlic, oregano, and basil)
2 packets taco seasoning
2 jars red pasta sauce
2 bags frozen cheese ravioli
Shredded Italian cheese
Spices: chili powder, cumin, basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder
2 foil pans with aluminum foil
- Brown ground beef. (May have to do in a few batches.) Drain grease. Leave 4 lbs in skillet.
- Add kidney beans, pinto beans, Rotel, 1 tbsp. chili powder, 2 tsp cumin to large pot. Add 2 lbs browned ground beef. Let simmer.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, 2 tsp chili powder, 2 tsp basil, 2 tsp oregano, 2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp onion powder to large pot. Add 2 lbs browned ground beef. Let simmer.
- Place 1 bag of frozen ravioli in each foil pan. Mix 2 jars of pasta sauce with 2 lbs browned ground beef and layer on top of ravioli. Sprinkle with shredded Italian cheese. Cover with aluminum foil. Label Ravioli Bake: Bake at 400 degrees for 20 mins covered, uncover and bake 20 mins.
- Mix 2 taco seasoning packets with 1 1/2 cups water (or as directed on packet). Mix with remaining 4 lbs browned ground beef in skillet. Let boil, then simmer.
- Place everything in freezer containers, label, and place in the freezer.
To finish meals
Thaw overnight in the fridge. Heat up in the microwave or in a saucepan. Serve with shredded cheese and Frito’s.
Thaw overnight in the fridge. Heat in the microwave or in a saucepan. Boil some noodles. Serve with French bread or a side salad.
Thaw overnight in the fridge. Heat in the microwave. Serve on tortillas or as nachos with your favorite toppings.
Thaw overnight in fridge or cook from frozen. If thawed, cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes covered, then uncover and bake another 20 minutes. If frozen, cook at 400 degrees for 40 minutes covered, then uncover and bake another 20-30 minutes.
These fast freezer meals really come together quickly. And serving dinner on those busy nights will be even quicker!
You’ll be so glad to have your freezer stocked with easy, simple meals your family will love.
You might also enjoy…