Hey guys! Today, I’ve got a super cute and simple Cricut craft! This is a great project if you are a beginner crafter or if you need a great custom gift!
We are hosting a Monograms & Mimosas bridal shower for my cousin soon, and I thought this monogram drink bucket would be a perfect party accent and a gift for the couple!
I found the drink bucket at Hobby Lobby for 40 % off so it was about $12. They had a few different colors, too!
I made a monogram vinyl using my Cricut machine and woo-lah!
Here’s how you can make one too!
- Drink Bucket (plastic or metal, whatever color you prefer)
- Cricut machine
- Vinyl (whatever color you prefer – I used black)
- Transfer paper
Use the Monogram It app to make your monogram.
I believe it costs $.99 but makes neat and pretty monograms instantly!
- Click the blue + sign in the top right corner to make a new monogram.
- Tap the ABC Monogram icon to enter your letters.
- Choose your monogram font from the bottom.
- Click Save to save the monogram to your camera roll. I then email the picture to myself so I can save it on my computer.
Add the image to your Cricut Design Space and create your monogram vinyl.
See screenshots and instructions below for help if your a new Cricut crafter!
- Open Cricut Design Space.
- Click Upload Images
- Click Browse.
- Find your saved monogram file.
- Click Simple Image. Continue.
- Select the spaces that need to be removed from your vinyl using your mouse. Preview to make sure it looks correct.
- Save as a cut image.
- Select your file and click insert image.
- Resize your monogram using the built in rulers.
- Click Go. And click Go on the next page as well.
- Make sure your Cricut is set to Vinyl and press the cut button.
- Remove all the excess vinyl from your monogram.
3. Use transfer paper to transfer your monogram vinyl to the drink bucket.
I love this scraper to make sure it gets even and smoothed down before removing the transfer paper.
4. Smooth the vinyl down and woo-lah!
You have made a Monogram Drink Bucket!
That wasn’t so hard, was it?!
If you need a gift for a bridal shower, birthday party, or just want to make one for yourself, try this easy Cricut DIY! You can experiment with different color drink buckets and vinyl colors.
We will be filling this up with water bottles at the shower! Another great idea is to fill the bucket with goodies for a gift basket!
What will you make with your Cricut next?
P.S. Never want to miss a post but don't have time to check the site everyday? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive blog posts straight to your inbox, along with the best frugal living tips!